Charity Shop Vintage Finds, Granny Chic, Sewing and Baking with Giddy Aunt Lola

Friday 16 August 2013

Charity Shop Brown Betty



Charity Shop Brown Betty

It's been too long since the last Friday Charity Shop round up, but I am back to show you some goodies I found just before I went away on my hols.  Hurrah!

First up is this lovely three and a half pint tea pot.  I tell you she is a hefty lass, and something you expect to see serving the ladies of the WI (Women's Institute) when they fancy a brew.  She brings to mind a sturdy, matronly type of lady and she's in very good nick for her age.  She is a vintage gal made in the Denby potteries and I strongly suspect that if she could speak, she would have a Yorkshire accent and keep Eccles cakes stuffed down her apple catchers (knickers that is)!


Next up, I found this lovely table cloth for £4.  It has a tea type stain in the middle but this doesn't bother me, as I may very well cut it up and use the pretty circles for other projects.  Or, I could just plonk my Brown Betty on the the top and her substantial derriere would cover the stain. 


Finally, a cute chicken for keeping eggs in for £2 - she is in perfect condition and ready to sit on a kitchen worktop or dresser and look after your eggs.  If you are my middle sister, then please don't read this blog post and close your eyes as I am going to put this in your Christmas stocking!  

Hope you've enjoyed looking at my charity shops finds and I look forward to sharing again with you next Friday.

TTFN. Galx


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Dear GAL, thank you for brightening a gloomy summer day! SIL xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say 'hello' I just stumbled on your blog this morning and have spent the past hour enjoying reading through your posts. What a lovely blog you have here, I shall add it to my regular reads. Your cake posts are making me drool. I love baking but I am trying to diet! I do still bake for the family though. I'm not sure which cake to try first the Pimms O'clock and French Toast Cake look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Lovely to meet you and so glad you like my blog. I have hopped over to yours and followed so don't miss anything :) Galx

      Delete
  3. I love that chicken!! xx

    http://hipslikecinders.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too late ....already looked! Can I still have it for Christmas ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are good, then of course!! Big Sister :)

      Delete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment. GAL x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig