Charity Shop Vintage Finds, Granny Chic, Sewing and Baking with Giddy Aunt Lola

Monday 4 November 2013

My baby boy got married!


Love and Stuff
In terms of major life events, the month of October has been pretty full on; we started the month with My Mahoosive Birthday and ended it with the wedding of my baby boy eldest son and his gorgeous girl.  They look so happy in this picture and although he has a beard and wears a wedding ring, I can still see the cheeky little boy he used to be.  I couldn't have given my boy away to a more lovely girl and it's a privilege to have her as part of our family.  This girl loves all things vintage and tea related and is very fond of a drop of gin; a girl after my own heart!!


His little sisters were bridesmaids and his younger brother best man, so it was a full-on family extravaganza.  I shed a bucket load of tears, drank a bucket load of few glasses of fizz and danced until I dropped; as usual, I peaked early!


When we returned home at the weekend, it was straight back on the love boat, to celebrate my wedding anniversary; 6 bodacious years married to my current husband.   We celebrated in style by having a special Sunday lunch 'a deux' in one of his Lordship's favourite restaurants.  This is my plate of slow cooked pork belly, confit of cheek, quince, faggot, buttery savoy and mash; a plate of posh, porky lushness.


The traditional anniversary gift for 6 years is sugar, hurrah!  I, unimaginatively, gave my current husband a shed load of chocolate or 'chuglit' as he calls it.  He, on the other hand, was a great deal more thoughtful and found these little vintage 'sugar nips', which I am delighted with.  Sugar nips are teeny tiny sugar tongs, and I rather like the name; it conjures up an image for me of a sort of burlesque afternoon tea with nipple tassels!  Apologies for the odd effect with the flash in this picture (although, I actually quite like it).

Tatty bye to you all!  Galx

PS  The photo of my son and daughter in law was taken by the lovely Abby Driver; thanks to her for allowing me to use it.




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aww that's lovely, congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on gaining a daughter-in-law and Happy Anniversary to you and your 'sweet' husband!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment. GAL x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig