Top Ten Summer Hit List
You may remember that I posted last week about The Play Agenda and how we are going to survive the summer hols.
My tweenager broke up from school last Friday and my curly girly breaks up from school tomorrow. This gave my tween and I, three days of peace and quiet before the curly beast is released to wreak havoc on Saucy Towers. Top of our list was to get her ears pierced and this mission was accomplished today. We set off for our nearest branch of Claires Accessories (her choice) and she now has some discreet gold stud earrings. As you have to keep your earrings in for 6 weeks before removing them for the first time, and as she is required to remove them for games lessons at school, this had to be done pronto.
The first day of the holidays for both girls is Thursday and we have booked a family lunch date with my sister and her four daughters. She has two big girls and two little ones and we are really looking forward to a lovely family lunch here at Saucy Towers. There will be cakes, egg and cress sandwiches, Disney Princesses and gossip.
What about the rest of the holidays?! Well, here is my list of the Top Ten things I think we need to do this summer holiday:
- Join the Summer Reading Challenge (a Library initiative)
- Regular Bike Riding (boo, hiss, I hate bike riding!)
- Weekly swimming outings (boo, hiss, I hate swimming!)
- Cooking and baking with girls every week (oh good, I like this one)
- Camping out in the garden (or other family members' garden)
- See Despicable Me 2 at the cinema
- Visits to London for special trips; Theatre, Museums, Bus Rides, Meeting up with Daddy (not as expensive as it sounds)
- Crafty activities at home
- Trips to the beach (ah, blissful and long overdue)
- Visit a castle or two (popular with both girls, so minimal fighting, she hopes!)
How is that for my top ten?
We will flesh out the bones with some specifics each week.
I shall also throw in plenty of picnics, parks and play dates into the mix to avoid the
Wish me luck; we're about to go over the top! GALx