Charity Shop Vintage Finds, Granny Chic, Sewing and Baking with Giddy Aunt Lola

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Sewing Me, Sewing You, Again!



Sewing Me, Sewing You, Aha!

I am afraid that I have been a Slack Alice, and have not been sewing as much as I should. You remember the concealed zip I was going to buy last week?  Well, no luck locally, so I had to to order on-line.  We have a fab little 'craft-come- haberdashery-come-art supplies' shop in my local town.  It's like a crafting cave crammed full of everything you can think of, but sadly they don't do much in the way of concealed zips.  The shop could with the Mary Portas treatment in terms of image, but it serves the town well.


I managed to exhibit magnificent restraint  at the Kitsch and Stitch vintage fair last Saturday.  I came away with only a little bit of vintage fabric and buttons; don't you just love those yellow roses?  I'm thinking it would look super as a half apron if I mix it up with something contemporary.  I have some scraps of this Melody Miller Cameo fabric left over from a cushion/apron/tote bag.


Talking of aprons, how about this frilly little number?  The brown flowered fabric is very 70's and I think I picked up 4 meters of the stuff for £1 from a charity shop (naturellement).  I made it ages ago and I think it's time I started using it.  I shall swan around the house in it, flicking a feather duster with one hand, and a fag on the go in the other; I don't smoke, I just like the image.


This little dolls dress, has been sitting on the 'I can't be arsed to finish it pile' for the longest time.  We have a commune of semi-naked dolls here who are desperate for clothing.   It's made from some scraps of fabric and using another pattern from the Oliver and S book, Little Things to Sew.  I know I waxed lyrical about this book last week, but it's a little gem.


This cute little bear cub hood is based on a pattern from the same book.  It was very easy to sew and strangely enough the fake fur is very similar to that of our lovely Wilf; part-time model and socialite.  Bless him, he was a reluctant model but he's sexy and he knows it.

I shall have some new  finished projects for you next week, so stop with your nagging! My concealed zip has been despatched and I have the pattern and fabric already at hand.   No more faffing about with cutesy items for children and dolls, I shall be making a skirt for me (OH YES I WILL!).

Happy Sewing.  GAL x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment. GAL x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig